Jun 5, 2006

Little Red Car Wreck

So, my big Welcome home, how do you do? was the tragic crashing of both the hardrives on the little orange and white '90s iMacs I've been running this empire from.

After the initial nail-biting and hair-pulling and teeth-gnashing... I borrowed and begged the funds for a new computer and started getting it set up when...screech, gulp, kerplunk... My Honda died! On the freeway! In a great billow of smoke!

"Not a good story at all," the mechanic said. "Six hundred dollars fixes the whole thing. Maybe. Or thirty-four dollars to make it run. But you shouldn't drive on the freeway anymore. And you should drive with bicycle in trunk. Just in case."

So, now I'm driving my rehabed smokey Honda with a bicycle in the trunk. I start it with a butter knife, and some wishin', which reminds me of Mary Waters' CD, Little Red Car Wreck: Motor Like a Mother. I think that was maybe the best CD of all time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonelle Seitz said...

You know what the Car Guys say on the radio: when you're quoted a price for repair, you should ask yourself, "Is this the best method of transportation I can get for XX dollars?"
I think they'd say that $34+trunk space is a damn good deal.
But I'm sorry about the computers-- that just sucks.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home