May 23, 2006

Home for now

Most excellent to see so many people on the road--apologies that I was so lost and overwhelmed by the time we got to L.A... but I guess that's sort of the theme in L.A.

I was going to post updates from the road, but as soon as we got in the car, someone said, "God, I'm sooo glad we're not blogging this book tour..."

Suffice to say: One amazing hospitality award goes to Tristan at The Saturn Cafe--you should eat there if you're in Santa Cruz. The other amazing hospitality awards go to Wendy and Matt and EZ who didn't mind us turning up in the middle of the night and taking over their living room and kitchen for two days, to Jennifer and Bobby and family and Sasha in beautiful Arcata, to Leslie in her sushi pants, to Nora who makes the most delicious vegetarian shepherd's pie, to Scout and Susie and Mickey, and to Krystee--the most radically elegant hold-down-the-fort mama. Thank you!

The day after we got home I was sitting here going through the mass pile of paper that had accumulated on my desk in my absence (can you believe how much paperwork is involved in even a simple life?) and my phone rang. It was Christina with a clergy emergency! "Aren't you an ordained minister?" She wanted to know. "Can you be at the top of Mt. Tabor at 5 p.m.?" See, she and her man, Matt, are moving to Kyrgyzstan on Friday and they couldn't stand to leave our fair city before tying the knot. So I wiggled back into my pink tutu and ran up the hill to perform the nuptials. Congratulations, kids.

Moe & Maria & Nester & I intend to be rested and ready by next week and we'll see you at our last two shows (last two for now, anyway) in Portland and Olympia. Do come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home