Mar 4, 2010

Calliope's Holistic Happiness Plan

Kari asks


Hi Ariel,

Just gobbled up your book in one day and then re-read it taking notes a few days later. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’ve read your other books and was thrilled to see that you wrote a book on “happiness” one of my favorite topics!

One thing I’m curious about, you mention one of your experts, Calliope and her “holistic action plan” and six month evaluations. Then at the end of the paragraph (pg. 152)  it then mentions her “ten week plan” but says no more. I’m curious what that plan was all about? I think I will try the 6 month evaluation technique, but like the idea of more frequency, so I’m curious.

Thanks!
Kari


Calliope answers


When I was working on how to get myself out of my the slump I was heading towards, I put together my finances and tried to figure out which modalities would best help me.  I decided that I had to create a 10-week holistic action plan.  I chose 10 weeks because that’s how many I had left before the end of the year.

I chose community acupuncture first .  These clinics are popping up all over America.  Their premise is to make health care accessible and affordable.  Because it works with the whole body, it was perfect for me--and all of us, really!  So, I went to acupuncture once, and sometimes twice, per week.


At the same time I was developing my wellness plan, I met a budding massage therapist and told him what I was designing.  We made a deal that for every 3rd person who booked a massage with him, he would give me a free one.  So, I set up five on a pre-pay, and then I was able to get additional massages for free because once I told people the deal I was working toward, and how fabulous my massages were, they were quick to make appointments.

I had eight sessions with a counselor who specializes in holographic repatterning.  Each week, I went in with a plan to talk about something I wanted to release and let go.  She used my verbal cues and muscle testing to discover what I was really holding on to and we worked together using various modalities to try to move the energy through my body.

I was a yoga teacher at the time, so it was fairly easy to incorporate yoga into my wellness plan.  In addition to teaching my three to five classes per week, I made myself stretch for one class on my own, and I completed a 40-day meditation.

I felt like this really helped me move some stagnant energy through and I was able to approach many of the recordings and patterns that were inside me with a different point of view once the new year began.

It was like I had a new pair of shoes to walk down my new path.


xoxox

CC


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home