Apr 9, 2008

new issue



The new issue of Hip Mama is wending its way to newsstands and to subscribers mailboxes right now.

Featuring...

Yo Mama's Daybook
Pregnant daddies
How to counter military recruitment
Hip Mama readers old-school and new sending the zine off to its new editor with love, good wishes, and inappropriate memories...
Annaliese Jakimides on what we teach our children
Victoria Law reports from the first gathering of indigenous Zapatista women with women from around the world
And way more

You can order a single copy or subscription at theHip Mama shop.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

Can't wait!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I'm currently reading and loving "how to be a famous writer before you're dead". It's so encouraging! I'm currenly transforming myself from timid writer to publicity whore zine queen, and may I add, loving it!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exciting!

(china)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, the little guy has Maia's eyes!

4:38 AM  
Blogger YEAH YEAH Out Loud said...

It could just be; that one of the main reasons I am YEAH YEAH Out Loud; I will be there with Her! My Adele 6/82 who made me a "Hip Mama" (I hope). Advertising in your 1st ZIne w/ new editor! Looking forward to it all!
www.yeahyeahoutloud.com

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Maximilian was born to be on the cover of Hip Mama! I got my zine and he is so striking.
Your last issue turned out great (as always), I know I will certainly miss you. You'll just have to crank out the books a little faster :)
Great issue and awesome illustrations!

Mandy

8:02 AM  
Blogger Victoria Law said...

Got my issue the other day and it is AWESOME! I loved Maia's memories of building forts with all your boxes of HipMama. I love all the work you (obviously) put into it.

Can't wait to hold your next projects in my hand.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

The issue is wonderful. Wonderful. I just can't stop weeping over it, though. You will never know how much you have meant to so many mamas like me who have never even met you. Thank you - you are going to be missed a bunch.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home