Mar 18, 2008

Hip Mama is getting a new editor

After 15 years, Hip Mama is getting a new editor!

The Spring '08 issue--the one I'm working on right now--is the last issue of Hip Mama I'll edit. It will be out in mid April. After that, I'll to stay on as Yo Mama & a consulting editor, but I'm passing the reigns to the amazing Kerlin Richter, a writer/editor, visual artist mama, and theology student.

Kerlin will of course bring her own vibe & vision to Hip Mama--and maybe even get back to putting it out 4 times a year--but the "mission" stays the same--feminist, pro-choice, reader-written--yes indeed. The post office box is the same, too (P.O. Box 12525, Portland, OR, 97212), but the new email address will be hipmamazine at gmail dot com

Support the new Hip Mama with a 5-issue subscription--your first issue will be #39, edited by Ariel, and then you'll get Kerlin's first four issues. Includes a free ticket to the Motrher's Day celebration for mamas in the Portland area. Take a chance on something new and beautiful!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

in perfect timing for this event, I have 22 back issues of Hip Mama up for bid on Ebay, user id is on-the-bomb. I HATE to part with these, my favorite of all 'zines, but I am going through a nasty divorce and lost my job so alas must feed my 12 year old boy. Thank you for looking, if you dare to do ebay, it's worth it. only $15 starting bid....

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lone Star Ma said...

WOW. I may have to go have some end-of-an-era cry somewhere...

10:23 PM  
Blogger plantswoman@comcast.net said...

it's okay--Kerlin is FANTASTIC and will bring some wonderful energy to the mag.!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow-o-wow.
I can almost sense something new chapter forming.

It's almost like Hipmama was Mia's childhood years...it's like letting it out of the nest. Does this mean there will be something to mark the Maximilian years?

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home