Sep 29, 2009

Please don't bomb the moon

from Comics & Serindipity

Dear NASA,

Are you INSANE?

You're rocket scientists. You're supposed to be smart. Bombing the moon is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. Yes, I know there are already craters on the moon and asteroids hit it and stuff, and we probably won't even SEE the 5-mile chasm that your 2-ton load is going to blow. But do you really have any idea what you are DOING?? Don't you know the moon controls our tides, our crops--all bodies of water? Don't you know that human bodies are like, MOSTLY water? 

And I don't care Mr. rocket scientist that you don't bleed it out every month--don't go releasing your man-period energy by blowing up stellar bodies, okay?!?

And I'm not worried about the alien inhabitants like some internerds out there, but I'll tell you one thing I know--the GODDESS is going to be fucking PISSED. You don't just go and blow up the Goddess's son/lover like that. Are you crazy? Don't you know 2012 is coming up? Of course you do, you know everything. So you should know that it's probably not a good time to start fucking with planetary orbits and gravitational pulls. It all started with demoting Pluto the other year--you KNOW he was pissed. And though he may have sunk into a deep depression (or was that me), he's still here, (in retrograde, in Capricorn for the next 248 YEARS) and he's surely not fucking around. So my point is, you better not send that man-missile into space or else I'm gonna--What? It's ALREADY UP THERE?! You took advantage of the fact that the following week the entire world was in mourning over MJ to just slide it in under the radar, right? Well, I can say with conviction that the Moonwalker would NOT be happy about this.

NOT AT ALL.

You know what I'm really hoping? I hope I wake up tomorrow and find that this is all a big joke. People will laugh and tell me how gullible I am to believe such a thing. Bomb the Moon? Yeah, right. And I bleed from my crotch for 5 days every month and don't die. Give me a break.


11 Comments:

Blogger yasmin said...

I had NO IDEA NASA was planning to bomb the moon! This is the craziest thing I've ever heard. Thanks for posting this.

4:42 PM  
Blogger GreenishLady said...

Um... hello... this cannot possibly be true... can it? It's not April 1st or anything. That's MY moon, too, I hope they know!

1:58 AM  
Blogger Melody Sage said...

Wow that is crazy! Things could definately go horribly horribly awry. Thanks for posting this.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Nathan Weyer said...

I fail to see what the problem is.

The moon is hit with larger objects then this at least once per month. The moon is several billion tons of mostly iron. An impact like this has about a much effect on the moon as a mote of dust hitting an office building, and even less effect on the earth.

Please, before you call something insane and relate it to tides, at least familiarize yourself with high school kinematics.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting that the women who are commenting are outraged and totally against this idea, but the one person who seems okay with the scheme is a man?

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont bomb the moon!

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The question is... are YOU insane? Did you pass basic science in school? Apparently not. Do us all a favor and don't blog your stupidity.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous rwild1967 said...

are you really that stupid or are you pulling our collective leg? there is no explosive, just an impcat. the dispairity of size between the moon and this impact is about like spitting in the atlantic. ( thats an ocean) and will have exactly the same effect. nothing.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goddess? 2012? Man-period? This is some great stuff. I have passed your URL on to several of my scientifically-literate friends, and I am confident many are tearing up with laughter right now.

6:23 PM  
Blogger Contact said...

If it is really no problem - no real impact - no nothing -they why do it?

Violence against women is OK too, I guess?

7:10 PM  
Blogger Rajarshi chandra said...

This guy could have been the best contender of Obama for the nobel prize this year. I really wonder, why no one suggested is his name!!!!

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home