Jan 27, 2005

Teen Sex 411

My daughter had her prime time debut last night on Katie Couric's teen sex special. There's a little picture of her in People magazine, too, with Ms. Couric. The show wasn't quite as wild as Maia hoped it would be; not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. (The previews were terrifying . . . like WHAT did I get my kid into?!)

The big news is that some teenagers have sex. Almost 3 in 10 kids ages 13-15 & about half of kids 16-18 are sexually active, according to their "landmark national poll." (Am I the only one who isn't aghast?)

Maia's shocker was to tell the nation that oral sex is the new "third base."

Since I don't remember what the old third base was, I guess I didn't find this as alarming as I was supposed to.

And, alas, Maia's impassioned defense of rap music didn't make the edit.

So wraps our big adventure with NBC.

1 Comments:

Blogger posthipchick said...

maia definitely seemed like the coolest girl there. as did you!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home